Home

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

VS Sassoon Ultimate 230 Nano

VS Sassoon Ultimate 230 Nano

I've been meaning to buy a GHD Hair straightener for awhile because I usually get my hair chemically straightened and that costs around $200 so I thought might as well spend $300 and skip the salon fees. So I went to search for a shop that sold the ghd, I started off with the Shaver shop at Garbo and the lady told me that they didn't sell the GHD, however, the VS Goddess is just as good as the GHD and has more functions such as; a variable temperature, it has steam which supposedly keeps the hair moist & conditioned, and it's only $199.95. So instead of getting sucked into her marketing speech, I went home to research the VS Goddess and the reviews were not bad.

Then one lunch break, I was approached by a Corioliss person at one of the kiosks at Garbo and he offered to straighten my hair to show off the Corioliss hair straightener and it was pretty good. He told me that it was the next GHD, but of course they would all say that... Anyhoos, it was supposed to be $300 but apparently it was some anniversary so they were selling it for $250 except he said because I worked in the centre he would give it to me for $240. The hair straightener had movable plates, was ceramic, ionic and came in many prettyful colours, but the highlight of buying the straightener was if you brought the receipt back to them, they'll straighten or curl your whole head for free FOR 12 MONTHS!!!!! You could go back everyday and get them to do your hair!!! I was almost won over but I got Rob to check the reviews on the internet before impulse buying and apparently it only had 3.5/5 stars so I didn't end up buying it.

After a week of speculation and research, and between torn between which hair straightener to get when I just wanted to get a GHD but after learning so much about a hair straightener I went to try out the VS Goddess at the caro Shaver Shop. The lady there suggested that the goddess was very bulky and it was a hassle to replace the water for the steam all the time which was true. I also tried out another straightener call Kodo but I didn't really find anything appealing about it. On my walk to the car, I went past Harvey Norman and decided I will get the VS Goddess because I liked the fact that it would keep the hair moist and the GHD didn't have an ionic feature. The lady that helped me out at Harvey Norman was just the right person to talk to, she owned a GHD, a VS Goddess and a VS nano! She got the GHD for $200 from her friend that worked at a hair salon or something and she said the moving plates pulled her hair out and made her hair really dry. The VS Goddess was not bad, her friend loves it but it was too bulky and the steam must not be good for the hair. So she suggested the VS nano which had a 3 year warantee and only the GHD, VS Goddess and the VS nano had a 3 year warantee. It was exactly what I was looking for, it was ceramic, ionic, not bulky, had variable temperatures, had longer plates which is good for my abundance of hair. It was selling for $170 but the lady put it down for $150 for me!!

Outcome: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Jia said...

Damn you and your talk of straighteners!! I wanna get one now :( Grrrr

Mai said...

haha, you're a rich unemployed person :D

suzie wuzie said...

ooo that sounds like a good straightener. i have been holding out on buying a ghd- i've tried it and liked it but not enough to buy it yet! but i think it will seriously dry out your hair if you plan to straighten it out everyday. but might get this one :P can u find it in priceline as well or just harvey norman?

Mai said...

hey i'm not sure about priceline but i know they sell some vs stuff there. :)