Home

Monday, November 17, 2008

Roses are red


Violets are blue, sugar is sweet and so are you....

but the roses are wilting and the violets are dead, the sugar bowl's empty and so is your head.
Mmm..yes..random poem I remembered, on another note, my rose bushes have been blooming and I thought I'd take a picture of em'.
Above we have my big fat red roses, they are really huge! Seriously!! and below is my pinky orange roses and a pink rose bush as well. At Fel's house the other day, I saw one of my favourite roses. It's called 'Double Delight' because it has a stunning pink and white mix as well as its delightful scent! She also has a yellow and red mixed rose which was quite interesting because there was one that was all yellow with one red petal!!
Along with the beauty of the rose, it also has its medicinal purposes.
The herbal side of roses:
  • Rose petals are used as tea leaves to treat sore throats and used as an ingredient in many cold syrups
  • Roses have antidepressant, antiseptic, antiviral, and antispasmodic qualities
  • Lotions and creams made with roses have is good for anti-aging, dry or inflammed skin
  • Rose essential oil is used for treatment of anxiety and depression

My big fat red rose in a bottle.

2 comments:

FeLLi said...

WoW!!! So purdy!!! i think if i had to look after a garden, mines would turn into a desert O_o" LOL Much luv to you!!! XoXo

Mai said...

haha i cheat.. i have a gardener!