Home

Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Sunny Sunday @ Angove Street Festival


I love exploring Perth and attending all the community festivals & other local happenings so when Angove Street Festival was advertised, I quickly marked it on my calender as a little reminder! So that is what I did today, attended the festival held on Angove Street, or as the locals like to call it the 'Hangover St'.


There was plenty of live music, local fashion, fresh food and coffee, market stalls, live art, photo exhibitions, street performers and children's activities such as mini bungee, rocking climbing, animal farm and plenty more other activities occuring. The live music definitely created a lovely atmosphere for a lazy Sunday afternoon.

I live on the south side of river so I don't normally shop in North Perth so it was nice to wander around and I discovered a lot of local shops and cafes that I would love to go back and visit.

There was some live graffiti art demonstration at the festival and I really liked this particular one. It was a picture drawn with a permament marker of all the different people he saw walking down Angove Street.
There was also a mini car show featuring mainly Alfa Romeos and a lonesome Lotus Elise which was my favourite.

No comments: